The Dive Shop Digital Underwater Photographer
Improve Your Skills - Digital Underwater Photographer
PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Course
Digital has taken the underwater photography world by storm. Get in on the action with the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty course. You can quickly and easily capture the underwater world with your camera and on your computer.
During the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty course, you learn to use the PADI SEA (Shoot, Examine and Adjust) method, which takes full advantage of digital technology. The result is good underwater photos faster than you may imagine. You not only learn how to take good photos, but how to share them with your friends via email or printing, optimizing your work with your computer, storage and more.
What do I need to start?
Stop by The Dive Shop to enroll in the course, get your materials and start learning. Beyond using basic scuba equipment, you’ll need a digital underwater camera and a computer or other device for downloading and viewing your images. We may suggest additional equipment and accessories depending on your camera system.
What will you learn?
Through hands-on training during two scuba dives and guidance from your instructor, you’ll discover:
- Choosing and using modern digital cameras and underwater housings
- Using the PADI SEA method for getting great shots quickly
- Editing and sharing your pictures
- The three primary principles for getting good photos underwater
- The PADI Digital Underwater Photographer certifications credits toward the Master Scuba Diver rating
- This is one of PADI’s most adaptable specialty courses, and can even be started during the last dive of your PADI Open Water Diver course
- 3 hour classroom photo Session
- 1 hour pool session
- 4 hour classroom editing session
- Digital Underwater Photographer Manual
- Digital Underwater Photographer White Balance Slate
- PADI PIC Card
*Course is based on student reading manual, complete Knowledge Reviews prior to class. Students should have their own camera.
Class cost - $210
Certification trip not included in class price.
Class dates - 2017
- March 31 Fri 6pm - 10pm
- July 22 Sat 6pm - 10pm
- September 23 Sat 1pm - 6pm
Call 520-326-DIVE to register for the Digital Underwater Photographer course.
The Dive Shop is a PADI Five Star Instructor Development Center
The PADI System of diver education is based on progressive training that introduces skills, safety-related information and local environmental knowledge to student divers in stages. PADI courses are student-centered and provide maximum practice and realistic application.