The Dive Shop Equipment Specialist
Improve Your Skills - PADI Equipment Specialist Course
PADI Equipment Specialist Course Details
Want to know about how your dive gear works? Then the PADI Equipment Specialist course is for you. This course familiarizes you with the operation and maintenance of your dive equipment. The more you know about how your gear works, the more comfortable you are with it, the more performance you get from it and the better you can care for it.
What do I need to start?
Stop by The Dive Shop to enroll in the course and get The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving to use as a reference during the course.
What will you learn?
You’ll learn about routine care and maintenance procedures as well as scuba equipment storage recommendations. Your instructor will show you how to overcome some common equipment problems and offer equipment configuration suggestions. You may even get to jump into the water to try new or unfamiliar equipment.
- Review the theory, principles and operation of dive equipment
- Routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures, and equipment storage
- Common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance procedures (may include a demonstration of repair procedures)
- Simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and an introduction to new gear (may include optional confined water dive to try new or unfamiliar equipment)
- No dives are required, so you can take the Equipment Specialist course any time of the year
- This is one of PADI’s most adaptable specialty courses, and can even be started during the last dive of your PADI Open Water Diver course
- The PADI Equipment Specialist Course is not an equipment repair course, but it provides the foundation you’ll want if you’re interested in learning equipment repair
- Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating
- 4 hour class with a certified PADI Instructor / repair specialist
- PADI Certification Card (may count towards your Master Scuba Diver Certification)
Class cost - $35 + 49.95 PADI Elearning
Successful completion of this 4 hour
course qualifies you for the PADI Equipment Specialist Certification.
NO DIVES REQUIRED!
Class Dates - 2017
Call 520-326-DIVE to register for the Equipment Specialist class and receive your PADI touch activation code.
The Dive Shop is a PADI Five Star Instructor Development Center
The PADI System of diver education is based on progressive training that introduces skills, safety-related information and local environmental knowledge to student divers in stages. PADI courses are student-centered and provide maximum practice and realistic application.Â